[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: WSRP and managed transactions

fpa1974 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 6 00:33:31 EST 2007

I kind of found the answer to this by myself. There is a TransactionFilter class that is setup in the web.xml for the WSRP service archive. This class will start a transaction. The comment in the class is that the WSRP runtime needs transactions so it creates them.

I think there is a problem with consistency here as far as I am concerned at least. When a portlet executes normally in the container it is not wrapped in a transaction. If the same portlet executes as part of a WSRP request then it will be wrapped in a transaction.

Is it possible to introduce a standard here somehow? I know that for example if using hibernate you might be able to get away with this by changing the transaction manager but I think there has to be a better way.

Florian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102076#4102076

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102076