[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3.0 Vs Normal RMI

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 6 05:57:53 EST 2007

Hi Guys,
    I just started doing some simple tests between EJB3.0 and standalone RMI.
Im using the JRMP in both cases(well it think so, i read that jboss uses JRMP protocol out of the box for ejb3.0, and i havent changed anything).

Its just a simple test that i have, look up remote object and i call it 1,000 times for both cases. I just keep track of the time it takes and thats it.

I would have thought since both are using the same protocol that the difference wouldnt be much but there is a big difference.

Normal RMI way takes around 1-2 secs on average, ejb3(stateless bean) way takes from 7-10 seconds.

Anyone shed some light on why the big difference or is this a fair way for comparison??

Using jdk1.5_11 on xp with app server 4.2.2GA.

Cheers,
LL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102166#4102166

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102166