[jboss-user] JBoss and SSL

Cristian cs at nightwish.eu.org
Tue Nov 6 06:34:41 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

I have an issue setting JBoss according to this page:
http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SSLSetup,  authentication
scenario no. 3.

I'm using jboss 4.2.2.GA and JDK 1.5.0 update13.

Everything at step 3 went according to the description there: ant
builds, certs import into the browser, jboss settings.

The connector part in server.xml is as follows:

<Connector
        port="8443" address="0.0.0.0"
        maxThreads="100" strategy="ms" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
        emptySessionPath="true"
        scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="true"
        keystoreFile="/opt/jboss/server/default/conf/server.keystore"
        keystorePass="servercert"
        truststoreFile="/opt/jboss/server/default/conf/server.truststore"
        truststorePass="servercert"
        sslProtocol = "TLS" />

The server.keystore and server.truststore are in place as well as
everything else. JBoss does not have APR enabled.

The problem is that if I'm trying https://host:8443/ it just connects to
8443 (I can see it with netstats) and that's all.
The browser used was Mozilla Firefox.

I'm not warned/prompted for anything and after a while the connection
dies, of course.

I'm completely unaware about all the mechanisms that make JBoss work.
I'm trying though.

Can you give me a hint about what's to be done in order to make it work
with this auth scenario?

Thanks,
Cristian