[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB 2.x CMP and EJB 3.0 JPA Coexistence

Christopher_P do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 6 07:09:30 EST 2007

"Christopher_P" wrote : However, one thing that I've not been able to find a definite answer to is how well EJB 2.x and EJB 3.0 entities coexist.

Ah ha! Today's search was more fruitful: http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=72369. Bill Burke states that it is in fact dangerous to mix CMP and EJB 3.0 persistence. Not the answer I was hoping for but an answer nevertheless.

The web still seems fairly thin on migration strategies from CMP to JPA/EJB 3.0 persistence. As it stands it seems like the only option is to migrate all entities at once (!). Any useful resources would be most welcome.

Cheers,
Chris Paton

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102180#4102180

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102180