[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Design question - initializing and cleaning up resources

dode do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 6 08:24:48 EST 2007

I am developing a POJO SEI deployed as WAR to JBoss 4.0.5, JBossWS 2.0.1.GA.

I am unsure how I would initialize resources such as JMS connections on deployment and how to clean them up on undeployment.

I looked at ServiceLifecycle, but since the init() and destroy() methods are called for each webservice call, it does not seem to be a good idea to perform expensive operations in them.

Would it make more sense to implement the webservice as EJB3 SLSB?

Can someone give me some advice?

Torsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102205#4102205

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102205