[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - persistent database recovery

georgeIsAngry do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 7 10:46:52 EST 2007

I'm using JBoss 4.2 + JBoss Messaging 1.4 on a group of servers, with each server having a local database for persistent messages.

I would like to restore the database from server A onto server B in the case of a failure on server A (something like hardware problem).

Is this possible? Can I bring up server B using the restored database from server A? I know I would have to bring down server B, change the datasource   that the persistence service uses, and restart the server. Is there any state saved in the database that would prevent this from working?

All the servers have the same  JBoss configuration.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102600#4102600

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102600