[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Error selecting object problem

trickyvail do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 7 10:14:12 EST 2007

The seam documentation says
anonymous wrote : noSelectionLabel ? specifies the (optional) label to place at the top of list
  | (if required="true" is also specified then selecting this value will cause a
  | validation error)
so try
<h:selectOneMenu required="false" value="#{rstReportHome.specialFirm}" id="firm">

I'm not sure if JSF will submit a null to setSpecialFirm() when the non-selection is selected, so you may have to adapt the form's action method to check for this situation and create a new automatic entity.

P.S. You don't need
private Firm specialFirm;
inside RstReportHome.java.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102585#4102585