[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Removing GWT 1.3 support in Seam 2.0+?

RobJellinghaus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 02:33:58 EST 2007

1.5 supports Java 1.5 syntax, which will make it a lot easier to send Seam components over GWT RPC, which has all kinds of interesting uses.  (Mainly, being able to avoid a whole crappy DTO layer just because you want to send some simple little @Entities over the wire.)

I'd like to see a GWT14Service and a GWT15Service in whatever Seam version ships after GWT 1.5.  But that's neither here nor there; the main point is GWT 1.3 should be dropped after Seam 2.0.0, and doing so will clean things up a lot.

(I know you guys like to stay one version behind, but c'mon ;-)

Cheers!
Rob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102790#4102790

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102790