[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Relay functionality with Multi or Bi sockets?

wjm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 10:47:29 EST 2007

Hi,

  I'm trying to determine if remoting might be a suitable replacement for an older RMI implementation I'm using.  This implementation has a built-in jxta layer which provides functionality similar to multiplex sockets.  Jxta also provides a notion of a "relay" server, which can provide connections between two firewalled clients.

Does the multiplex or bisocket implementation in remoting implement anything similar to a relay mechanism?  In the relay role the server doesnt actually do anything with a stream except to pass it onto another client.

Thanks for any insight.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102957#4102957

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4102957