[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Switching instance of backing bean of JSF page with Seam

tim_ph do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 11:50:49 EST 2007

I got this scenario that requires to switch view page to new copied of old backing instance.
- A JSF page of current instance object is used to modify the object.
- The action results in a new clone of object is created with modified data.
- Both objects are persisted.
- I want to show the JSF view page of the new clone, not existing instance.

The problem is with s:button, s:link view of next page need the id of instance object, but the id is not known until object is persisted. If you map <f:param name="id" value="#{objHome.objId}"/>, you got the current id populated that value when the page is loaded.

What option do I have for this situation?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103005#4103005

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103005