[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Connection caching

travisb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 14:48:31 EST 2007

The DefaultMessageListenerContainer relates to the JmsTemplate in that it is equally resource intensive with a cache level of CACHE_NONE. Our client works with CACHE_CONSUMER, but with a level of CACHE_SESSION or less, consumption halts and we quickly receive the following stacktrace in the server logs:

anonymous wrote : ERROR [org.jboss.logging.Log4jService$ThrowableListenerLoggingAdapter] Unhandled Throwable
  | org.jboss.util.threadpool.ThreadPoolFullException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Pool is blocked
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool.execute(BasicThreadPool.java:417)
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool.runTaskWrapper(BasicThreadPool.java:192)
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool.run(BasicThreadPool.java:212)
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicThreadPool.run(BasicThreadPool.java:206)
  |         at org.jboss.util.timeout.TimeoutFactory.doWork(TimeoutFactory.java:223)
  |         at org.jboss.util.timeout.TimeoutFactory.access$000(TimeoutFactory.java:41)
  |         at org.jboss.util.timeout.TimeoutFactory$1.run(TimeoutFactory.java:136)

When using CACHE_CONSUMER, the DMLC fails to recover when JBoss is recycled. Logs will indicate a successful recovery, but the DMLC will continue to receive null even though messages are available on the queue.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103068#4103068

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103068