[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Switching instance of backing bean of JSF page with Seam

tim_ph do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 15:21:15 EST 2007

Well, I use one page with backing bean in Seam Framework.
- page.xml set id, which backing object Home use to load up the instance from DB
- page.xhtml get loaded with instance populated
- one page for view, one for edit
I try to switch old bean with new one as in objHome.setInstance() and setId(), but that won't work because when you set the view page on s:button with no id, it just uses current id for the next page. So, when the page is loaded, old instance populates the page.

Just thinking about using navigation from-action in page.xml like this

  |    <navigation from-action="#{applicationHome.manager.action}">
  |          <rule if-outcome="success">
  |              <redirect view-id="Application.xhtml">
  | 		    	<param name="applicationId" value="#{applicationHome.instance.id}"/>
  |              </redirect>
  |          </rule>
  |    </navigation>

  |   |
  |   | If redirect populate #{applicationHome.instance.id} after action is done, then it will work. If not, current id will populate that, and we're back to square one.
  |   | Let me give it a try.
  |   |

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103083#4103083

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103083