[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Client can connect to Bean before jdbc is bound

joerandom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 16:54:53 EST 2007

The clients are crunching numbers, and are always running regardless of the server status.      When the clients are done with their number crunching, they try to report their results to the server.  If the server cannot be contacted, they simply hold their results and ping the server to see when it comes back up.  Once it is detected to be up, they connect to it to report their results, and then they get more numbers to crunch.  In this way, I can upgrade the server without losing any work.  The issue, again, is that clients can connect to the server during the server startup before the JDBC is bound to the bean, which is causing problems.

So, back to my original question, has anyone else seen this of think that this is incorrect behavior?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103108#4103108

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103108