[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Objects created from link with page params

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 17:48:05 EST 2007

(I know this is an old-ish post, but I came across it when I had another problem, so thought I'd chime in for the next person to come across it)

It seems like the current solution is to manually add a param to the link with the param name, and set it to null. This is what the contact example does for the New Contact link.

  | <s:link view="/myPageWithAParam.xhtml" value="Link">
  |     <f:param name="myParam" value=""/>
  | </s:button>

This way, seam looks at the link, sees that it has a param already (albeit a blank one) and carries on its merry way without instantiating an instance of the object that would provide the param value.

I wonder whether it would be worth a JIRA issue to suggest a flag on the param tag in pages.xml so the param is only added if the object already exists.

  | <param name="myId" value="#{myWidget.id}" required="false"/>

In this case, Seam would not create an instance of the widget if it didn't already exist and it would make the param blank.

If required was true, then it would create an instance and get the Id.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103122#4103122

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103122