[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: bookmarkable and friendly url's

Delphi's Ghost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 8 18:13:40 EST 2007

I know the s:link and s:button controls append params to the URL using page params, but is there any way to do it for the h:commandButton control, or the ajaxy submits from Richfaces? Bearing in mind the s:link/button controls don't post the forms so they are useless for data entry submitters.

The docs only really mention page parameters from the perspective of a non-interactive page (i.e. bookmarkable search results), but I imagine most people want them on interactive pages. Even if a page is read only with multiple tabs, it seems the tab click events kill the param in the URL.

I thought (and I could be wrong) that this problem could be worked around by switching from using @RequestParameter to using the id getters and setters on the EntityHome object for example and then the param was always in the URL?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103131#4103131

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103131