[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Extinding Seam Built-in components and the "plugin architect

Daoud do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 9 02:20:11 EST 2007

Hello;

First, Congrats for the the new release! Great Job Folks!

Well, am in the early stage of a new project, having identified some requirements, I do believe Seam will fit in there like magic. Other requirements are integration with an ESB, at the moment am lil bit familiar with openesb and servermix, I'll have a look at JBossESB, other requirement is some BI stuff in the application.
I think it would be great if i furnish those functionalities as Seam Built-in components to my team. That would be a great commodity to free them from infrastructure coding and focus on business value of the application in the same Seam spirit.

Here are the questions:
1- Is extending Seam Built-in component the *better* way to go?
2- What qualifies a component to become a -Built-In or available by default- (think of the static instance() method) one?
3- Is @Install annotation relevant to my thoughts?
4- Is there any guide/docs/examples to extending Seam (that would profit Seam if users start contributing components)

Finally Gavin in his InfoQ interview talked about some plugin architecture developed for the Seam wiki. Can anyone write some docs about this architecture and how to implement it in a Seam Application?

Best Regards
Daoud AbdelMonem Faleh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103167#4103167

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103167