[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: Client can connect to Bean before jdbc is bound

joerandom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 9 11:22:54 EST 2007

jaikiran,

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out to see if adding this detection logic avoids the issue.  However, I still think that I shouldn't have to check to make sure the server is totally up before I can connect to it.

For example, assume my clients are running happily.  I then decide to bounce my server for some reason (or perhaps my server goes down and needs to be restarted).  My clients are unaware of the bounce, and just try to connect to the server as normal when they are done with their calculations (they connect using a remote JNDI lookup).  Due to the issue I am seeing, the lookup will be successful, but their first method call on the bean will fail because JBoss has not bound the jdbc entry to my bean yet.

Right now I just handle the error on the server and client side and have the client try again later when JBoss has completed deploying my bean.  I can certainly add logic to check to make sure the server is up before my clients connect (every time they try to connect), but it really seems like JBoss should not allow remote connections to beans that are not fully deployed.  I would rather have the remote lookup fail due to an incomplete deployment of the bean than have it succeed with a bean that isn't completely deployed.

I have already handled the issue, so I suppose I'm more talking ideology here, but this doesn't seem to be proper behavior.  I don't think that clients should be able to remotely lookup incompletely deployed beans.

Anyone else agree, or is this behavior part of the EJB Spec and just needs to be handled?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103311#4103311

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103311