[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Can EJB 2.1 and 3.0 exist in same container?

darretta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 9 12:53:31 EST 2007

I had hoped to slowly migrate our many EJBs to 3.0. Things *almost* worked using JBoss 4.0.3SP1 out-of-the-box. I was able to deploy both 2.1 and 3.0 beans. Then, things got hairy with the outdated EJB spec, so I updated my jars to EJB RC5. Now, my 3.0 beans seem to bind properly to the persistence unit, but I cannot bind my 2.1 beans to JNDI. I see the following:

javax.naming.NamingException: nicweb not bound
  |         at mil.navy.ia.vram.dos.EjbHomeAccessor.lookup(EjbHomeAccessor.java:139)
  |         at mil.navy.ia.vram.dos.EjbHomeAccessor.getLocalHome(EjbHomeAccessor.java:120)
  |         at mil.navy.ia.vram.dos.DataArchiveSweeperServlet$DataArchiveSweeperTask.run(Da

I think this might be a packaging issue. I have tried to google on this issue, but cannot find anything helpful. My EAR is packaged as so:

EAR
  |   |
  |   -- META-INF
  |         |