[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - no user synchronization

vinguye2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 9 13:52:03 EST 2007

Is there a way to authenticate users against my own datasource, but not have JBP synchronize the users/roles to itself?

JBP seems to be tightly coupled with Hibernate so that it can synchronize/retrieve user info from a database managed by JBP.

But for security purposes though, I do not want JBP to synchronize this kind of data.  Instead, I have my own code module and would like it to supply this data to JBP whenever it is needed.  So I only want user/role data stored in one location that can only be accessed from my code module.

Is this possible?  I'm using JBP 2.6.2.  Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103343#4103343

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103343