[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Restrict & @WebMethod - Seam WebServices

hawkettc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 10 20:11:00 EST 2007

I'm having some difficulty applying the @Restrict annotation to a method that also has the @WebMethod annotation.

  | @WebMethod
  | @Restrict("#{s:hasRole('admin')}")
  | public boolean checkMeWS() {
  |    log.info("Checking via restricted webServices, in appropriate role: " + Identity.instance().hasRole("admin"));
  |    return Identity.instance().isLoggedIn();
  | }

should never be able to output a value of 'false' in the log output -

11:53:14,566 INFO  [Authenticator] Checking via restricted webServices, in appropriate role: false

or am I missing something?  The same @Restrict annotation on a method called via Seam Remoting (and not annotated with @WebMethod) throws the appropriate security exceptions.  Is there soomthing that says I can;t @Restrict an @WebMethod?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103450#4103450

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103450