[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Serialization

FredrikJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 12 10:57:45 EST 2007

Hi.

We have been hunting hot spots in our application which relies heavily on the jboss cache. One hot spot that occurred was in the actual serialization of the objects. We got rid of the hot spot by using jboss serialization instead of the regular java serialization.

In short we changed the ObjectOutputStreams in the JavaObjectStreamFactory class to use JBossObjectOutputStreams instead (and input of course).

Now, we cannot be 100% sure that we gained cpu by doing this. It is possible that the hot spot just got spread out over multiple methods so the hot spot disappeared but we lost cycles over all. But the hot spot was removed from the list nevertheless.

So my question is, is there a reason why jboss cache is not using jboss serializing for serializing objects? Since jboss serializing takes pride in being x times faster then vanilla java serializing, wouldn't this be a desirable element to include in the cache?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4103744#4103744

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4103744