[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Jboss cache and heapspace memory

haribaasha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 06:36:02 EST 2007

I am using a linux machine 4 gb ram, these are my jboss start config:
-Xms:512 -Xmx 1024

i am using jboss cache to cache string objects with a key. these are basically xml string but stored as plain java strings. I have written a customLRUPolicy wherein at the end of day when maxage is reached (86400 seconds) the object is removed from cache rather than evict. otherwise no difference between wat i have patched on LRUPolicy.

I am using bdbje cacheloader. The no of nodes at any time is about 65000. maxnodes is set at 30000 so anything more than tat wud be on persistent storage. The entire cachedirectory(persistent storage) now is about 1.3 G.

Now the java heap space has reached about 1020G and any further writes to cache throws a OutOfMemory error. When i kick in gc there is no reduction in memory at all.

When i disable caching and run my process the usage is constant at 350 M and once over and a gc kicks in it comes down to 80 M.

does this mean all the nodes are in memory ? is there anything i can change in the eviction to solve this or only a increase in heapspace memory will help ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104053#4104053

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104053