[jboss-user] Unexpected Restart

Nick Panienski panienski at codecentric.de
Tue Nov 13 10:27:50 EST 2007

Hi @jboss-users,

We are currently experiencing an awkward problem: this morning one of our webapps suddenly went down and after that we had to kill JBoss in order to get the system up and running again.

I want to know what kind of (unwanted) scenarios could cause a webapp or even the AS to restart (apart from re-deploying into /deploy resp. /farm or touching a web.xml).

Some more information (we are using JBoss 4.0.4 GA in a clustered environment):

Just after our webapp went down there was this message:

WARN  [org.jboss.system.ServiceController] Problem creating service jboss:service=FarmMember,partition=DefaultPartition
org.jboss.system.MissingAttributeException: Missing attribute 'Deployer'

Nothing could be deployed anymore:

--- Packages waiting for a deployer ---
(followed by basically all JBoss webapps)

Prior to the restart we had numerous "[org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.session.CacheListener] Possible concurrency problem: Replicated version id xy matches in-memory version for session 123xyz" in the log, although this should not happen at all referring to "http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=100153&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0"

If you need more information please ask. Even though I am not the JBoss system admin I may be able to provide more information. Any help appreciated, this is a production problem, hence very severe...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Nick Panienski

codecentric GmbH
Grünewalder Str. 29-31
42657 Solingen

Telefon  +49 (212)  24 94 330
Fax      +49 (212)  24 94 334
Mobil    +49 (151) 167 06 496
eMail    panienski at codecentric.de
Internet http://www.codecentric.de

Geschäftsführer: Peter Gierse, Mirko Novakovic und Rainer Vehns Sitz der Gesellschaft: Solingen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Wuppertal, HRB 19214