[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SerializationException and difference b/n log4j and Seam

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 12:28:13 EST 2007

There’s also a “transient” keyword in addition to @Transient.

See pg. 487 of EJB3 in Action (or read the JSR):

“If you don’t want to serialize a particular object, mark that object to be a transient object and the container will skip that object during passivation/activation.”

Then there’s a code example for a SFSB with transient keyword…

So I guess that may fix this problem but I’m wondering if there’s any difference if I use the Seam logger (probably not if it’s using log4j under the covers…)

i.e. if I use the following code in my SFSB's:

@Logger private Log log;

do i need to mark the log object with the transient keyword to avoid this SerializationException since the Seam logger is using log4j under the covers???

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104246#4104246

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104246