[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Accessing Oracle DataSource from a JBoss Portlet JSP ..

stmathew do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 13:06:37 EST 2007

Hi -

I am looking for an example on how to connect and configure the JBoss portal to allow a JSP to retrieve data from Oracle database.

My Class extends GenericPortlet class. Here are my questions -

(i) In the JBOSS_INSTALL_DIR/server/default/deploy directory, I have 3 DS files - hsqldb-ds.xml, portal-hsqldb-ds.xml and portal-oracle-ds.xml. Since I plan to use only Oracle DB, can I remove the other 2? (When I remove the others, I get exceptions in the console window.)

(ii) How do I access the connection from the Portal JSP? Is there a step by step sample program that does just this? (Actually, any Container managed connection example from the JBoss portlet will help)

Thank you so much - this will help me get started very quickly.
- Sunil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104264#4104264

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104264