[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message stranded in cluster

chip_schoch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 13 16:38:17 EST 2007

Thanks Tim.  I changed to XAConnectionFactory for the services that consume from the local node and that works fine.  However, my cluster is running under RedHat but I have two non clustered JBoss servers running under windows.  These are each running a service that is a consumer of messages that are posted to the clustered queue running under redhat.  They are connecting use the following:

  <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.jndi.JMSProviderLoader"
  | 	 name="jboss.messaging:service=JMSProviderLoader,name=ConversionJMSProvider">
  |     <attribute name="ProviderName">ConversionJMSProvider</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="ProviderAdapterClass">
  |       org.jboss.jms.jndi.JNDIProviderAdapter
  |     </attribute>
  |
  |     <attribute name="FactoryRef">ClusteredXAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="QueueFactoryRef">ClusteredXAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |     <attribute name="TopicFactoryRef">ClusteredXAConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |
  |     <attribute name="Properties">
  |        java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  |        java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
  |        java.naming.provider.url=172.17.20.60:1100, 172.17.20.61:1100
  |        jnp.disableDiscovery=false
  |        jnp.partitionName=dev.application
  |        jnp.discoveryGroup=228.1.2.4
  |        jnp.discoveryPort=1102
  |        jnp.discoveryTTL=16
  |        jnp.discoveryTimeout=5000
  |        jnp.maxRetries=1
  |     </attribute>
  |   </mbean>

It appears that both of these windows servers is connecting to the first provider in the list.  Messages that are posted to the second provider (i.e. the partial queue on server 172.17.20.61)  are never getting consumed.

I thought that clients of the clustered queue could connect to whichever node they found first and they would get messages from any partial queue.  Is this incorrect?

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104319#4104319

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104319