[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problems understanding Seam's jBPM support

MSchmidke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 03:08:17 EST 2007

Hello all,

I'm writing a Seam application which even uses jBPM for some simple business process.

I have no problems using jBPM itself, but since I am using Seam, of course I want to use all benefits Seam gives to me, so I tried to understand chapters 7.3ff of Seam documentation, but there is still one big question:

Which is the suggested way to work with jBPM objects in my own code? Mainly, how should I create the JbpmContext?

Usually, I write:

  | @In
  | private org.hibernate.Session session;
  | JbpmConfiguration config = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance();
  | JbpmContext context = config.createJbpmContext();
  | context.setSession(session);
  | ProcessInstance pi = context.loadProcessInstanceForUpdate(72150L);
  | context.close();

This is the normal jBPM way. Is there also a seam improved way? For example, by injection?

What about JbpmContext lifecycle? May I hold it in a SFSB Seam component field? (Can it be passivated?)

In my SFSB, I use extended Hibernate Sessions as suggested by Seam:

  | @Create
  | @Begin(flushMode = FlushModeType.MANUAL)
  | public void create() {
  | }