[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Distributed queue, HA-JMS/singleton basic questions

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 13:38:12 EST 2007

"kapucin" wrote :
  | Most of the time there will be at least one consumer on each queue. So there is no need to route/pull the messages until a consumer starts to choke or fails completely. Of course, if my assumptions on how it works are correct.

That's right - JBM always tries the local consumer (if any) first - only if the local consumer is busy or non existent will it consider letting a remote consumer consume it.

So if you have at least one consumer on each node and they are never choking then no messages should get redistributed between nodes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104735#4104735

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104735