[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - seam-gen entities: cascading bug or accepted behavior?

sstrenn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 17:19:56 EST 2007

Folks,

When seam-gen generates an entity with a one-to-many association to another entity, it appears to always set the cascade attribute to CascadeType.ALL.

My sense is that this is incorrect behavior when the foreign key's constraint in the database is set to ON DELETE RESTRICT.

Is this an "undocumented feature", or an misunderstanding of the expected behavior on my part.  If so, could you please give me a quick explanation of why CascadeType.ALL is correct when a foreign key's constraint is ON DELETE RESTRICT.

Thanks,
Stephen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104799#4104799

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104799