[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jBPM Evaluation Confusion

rrey2279 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 11:02:46 EST 2007

Hello,

I have very little experience working with professional workflow engines...I do have alot of experience developing jsp's, servlets, JEE, etc.

I'm having trouble understanding jBPM from a technical standpoint.

At the company I work for, we have an internal JEE application that runs on Tomcat.  It was built about 5 years ago using JSP and servlet technology with custom workflow.  The application functions as a critical internal business process with employees interacting from several departments.

It uses a set of database tables to dynamically determine the workflow.  The app is very primitive to say the least, however, it has become a critical component for the business.  Fast forward to 2007, there are many problems with the application and we are considering a complete overhaul using a professional workflow product.

Since we are a Java shop (open-source first), there has been alot of talk about jBPM.   Here is a set of questions I can't seem to find the answers to:

1.  Our current app has about 30 jsp screens... Does jBPM automatically generate new jsp's ?

2.  How is a JEE app incorporated with jBPM?

3.  Are we required to use the web-app that is shown in the jBPM demo?  The demo sets up a basic process for requesting vacation time, then generates an app.  Is this how a new app is created?

4.  Is there a JEE sample application for jBPM ?

thanks,
Hopefully you guys can help me clear the fog.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105085#4105085

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105085