[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message stranded in cluster

chip_schoch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 13:04:30 EST 2007

We use the windows servers to run some conversion services that use third party libs that are only available on windows.  As the load increases we will be adding more conversion instances, so it really will be assymetrical.

It seems a bit self defeating if we need to manually manage which linux server in the cluster a windows converter connects to.  It seems that we would be better off running jms as an ha-singleton in the cluster to avoid the unnecessary redistribution you describe.

I will try the latest release.  As for the other questions.

1.  Yes the queues have the 'Clustered' attribute set to true.
2.  The clusters are seeing each other.

I actually have a singleton service that is running on one of the linux servers that queues messages to a clustered queue.  It uses the ClustereXAConnectionFactory and appears to be round-robining the messages it queues, which would indicate that the cluster is working correctly.  It is the consumers that are only getting messages off one of the partial queues.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105153#4105153

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105153