[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam 2.0 and MyFaces

stan.silvert@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 15 18:29:58 EST 2007

Are you sure that your third party library needs the MyFaces impl?  Which one is it?  The only one I know of that actually referred to MyFaces core impl classes was old versions of Tomahawk.

If you are still getting conflicts as Pete suggests then you should try removing the JSF impl from /deploy/jboss-web.deployer/jsf-libs.  If you do that then you will also need to edit /deploy/jboss-web.deployer/conf/web.xml and comment out these listeners:
<!-- Configures JSF for a web application if the javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet is declared -->
  |    <!-- in web.xml.                                                                             -->
  |    <listener>
  |      <listener-class>org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener</listener-class>
  |    </listener>
  |
  |    <!-- Listens to all web app lifecycle events so that @PreDestroy can be called on -->
  |    <!-- JSF managed beans that go out of scope.  You can comment this out if you     -->
  |    <!-- don't use JSF or you don't use annotations on your managed beans.            -->
  |    <listener>
  |      <listener-class>com.sun.faces.application.WebappLifecycleListener</listener-class>
  |    </listener>

Hope that helps,

Stan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105274#4105274