[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Complex PDF generation and architecture question

bolke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 05:35:29 EST 2007

Hello,

I am wondering who is using Seam's PDF generating features to generate complex PDFs? The background to this question is that the current tag support seems a little simple and not sufficient for the more complex layouts and the current architecture also seems difficult to extend.

For example I have been looking into rewriting UIHeaderFooter (and siblings) to support for example images. However iText using an event model in case of more complex pages (eg. onEndPage event). The current architecture does not allow this (afaik).

Now, I understand that this is a feature request and I even like to do some work on it (eg. small patches if I can, my coding skills are not that good), but I would like the rationale behind the architecture so I am able to continue in the same direction.

So please take no offence, I am pretty new to Seam. I like it a lot and I am looking forward to help extending it.

regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105386#4105386

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105386