[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: fileUpload doesn't support ajax submit?

damianharvey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 09:10:57 EST 2007

I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to do this with ajax4jsf as it is now.

No ajax component will be able to perform a direct file upload as javascript doesn't have access to the file system. I could be wrong on this as there is a plethora of ajax upload widgets around the web, however these all seem to be based around hidden iFrames (which ajax4jsf isn't) that utilise hidden input tags that are submitted in the background.

You should probably ask on the richfaces forum and especially the thread on rich:fileupload (http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=119282)

Cheers,

Damian.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105479#4105479