[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Difference between session timeout and not logged in yet

xshuang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 11:05:00 EST 2007

Good morning Jacob,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion again. It is nice to have a work-around before a clean solution is implemented by the Seam development team. And I have learned a lot about JSF phases and Seam messages/facesMessages with your code.

Now I have the message displayed correctly when a user's session is expired. However, it seems that the PhaseListener also raises the session expiry event when a user logout. My goal is to differ these two scenarios. Is there a way to raise two different events with the PhaseListener?

By the way, my implementation is as follows:

	  Code:

1. AuthenticatorAction
public void sessionExpired() {
        user.setMessage("user.session.timeout");
}
Where user is a session scope variable. This serves as the appropriately scoped message component you mentioned.

2. pages.xml
    <page view-id="/security/login.xhtml">

3. AuthenticatorAction
    public void displaySessionExpiredMessage() {
    	if (user != null){
    		if (user.getMessage() != null) {
	    		FacesMessages.instance().addFromResourceBundle(user.getMessage());
	    	}
	    	user.setMessage(null);
    	}
    }

Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day.

Best regards,
Sheng

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105542#4105542

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105542