[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Difference between session timeout and not logged in yet

jacob.orshalick do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 12:28:51 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : The best option I can think of is putting a page in between that simply displays something like "You have successfully logged out" and then perform a meta redirect to the login page after a few seconds.

On second look, this should be further specified, sorry.  The redirect is going to have to include some information in the URL to indicate that a logout occurred.  For example,

  |       content="2; URL=/myApp/login.seam?logout=true">

This parameter allows you to differentiate between session timeout and logout when adding the message.

On further thought, you may also be able to use the logout event to redirect to the login page with the logout parameter provided.  This would avoid the page in between.  I would certainly like to hear the solution you go with just in case I have to do this myself :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105594#4105594

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105594