[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Complex PDF generation and architecture question

bolke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 16 17:51:34 EST 2007

Ah thanks for the response. Indeed what iText is doing here pretty inconvenient. This makes me wonder why the choice for iText, besides being quite popular? Speed?

Jasper or Apache FOP could be candidates as well.

my current approach is slightly hackish. Using a facet with a name 'header' allows to get to the PdfWriter / Document before it gets opened. I was thinking about something along the lines of having a pageEvents tag with event tags as childs. Eg:

  | <facet name="header">
  |  <event name="onEndPage">
  |  </event>
  | </facet>

At the moment I end up with a wrapper around PdfPageEvent (if I remember correctly) which allows to 'register' events by adding it to a hashmap. But to be honest, it does not feel really nice and I am juggling with classes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105692#4105692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105692