[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Concurrent Access Exception - should never happen, right?

dhinojosa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Nov 17 12:16:11 EST 2007

>From what I interpret from 3.1.10. Concurrency model (it's description is hard to follow). So trying to oversimplify what it says....

Application scope - Multithreaded, concurrency protected by the servlet container?
Session scope - Multithreaded, concurrency protected by Seam serialization.
Conversation scope - Single threaded, concurrency protected by Seam serialization
Other smaller scopes - Multithreaded, concurrency not an issue since the scope on bean is short lived.

So, given these set of rules, if I am correct, you can only get a ConcurrentAccessException at an application scoped stateful bean, and is the only stateful bean that can and should accept a @Synchronized annotation (I believe there is a mistake in the documentation regarding this).  Non-EJB-stateful components can have @Synchonized, but these beans will never encounter a ConcurrentAccessException.  If you do get a ConcurrentAccessException anywhere else, then that would be considered a bug in seam.

Right or Wrong? ;)

 Tags: ConcurrentAccessException Seam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105768#4105768

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105768