[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - sequence generator and bigDecimal

X490812 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 18 20:08:52 EST 2007

Not sure about this one...
I have a bunch of legacy tables where the PK is number(22) (in Oracle). I have created a sequenceGenerator to be used for isnerts with an entityManager. My annotations are as follows :

  | @Id
  | 	@GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.SEQUENCE, generator = "FRAUD_CASENUMBER_SEQ")
  | 	public BigDecimal casenumber;

With BigDecimal getters/setters

But when I do an insert (em.persists(newCase)) I get:

  | Caused by: org.hibernate.id.IdentifierGenerationException: this id generator generates long, integer, short or string

Given that my table pk is number(22), how do I get the sequencegenerator to work with it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105884#4105884

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4105884