[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Unable to Consume Remote Portlet

vinuneelu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 19 07:20:25 EST 2007

We are facing some problems while working on the WSRP in the JBoss 2.6.2 GA+ Application Server 4.2.1

We are referring to the manual at the location :

http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.6.2/referenceGuide/pdf/JBossPortalreferenceGuide.pdf which specifies in detail about working on the WSRP in JBoss.

IBM Websphere portal server is able to consume the JBoss portlet but not the other way round.  We have followed the below steps and the errors which we get for each step are mentioned in detailed below -

1) When we create a xml file named as websphere-wsrp.xml and put in the server/default/deploy directory we get the following error in the console -

cannot access the imported wsdl  http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd connection timed out: connect
There was a problem  initializing the WSRP interface for producer "websphere". The cosumer will not be available.

2) We have then added the following content to the default-wsrp.xml and put the default-wsrp.xml in the server/default/deploy directory

<wsrp-producer id="WebSphere" expiration-cache="120">
<endpoint-wsdl-url>http://localhost:10038/wps/wsdl/wsrp_service.wsdl</endpoint-wsdl-url>
<registration-data/>
</wsrp-producer>

We get the following message in the console :
Added consumer for producer "websphere" with status :inactive.

3)Login to the Portal Server/admin/WSRP

4)We are able to see the websphere as a consumer added in the consumers list.

5)We are then clicking on configure to configure. & then "Save&Refresh" . We get the following error -

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't initialize services for WSDL at 'http://localhost:10038/wps/wsdl/wsrp_service.wsdl' Cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't initialize services for WSDL at 'http://localhost:10038/wps/wsdl/wsrp_service.wsdl'

6) We then modified the entry in the default-wsrp.xml for the websphere producer as follows -

<endpoint-config>
<service-description-url>http://localhost:10038/wps/WSRPServiceDescriptionService</service-description-url>
<markup-url>http://localhost:10038/wps/WSRPMarkupService</markup-url>
<portlet-management-url>http://localhost:10038/portal-wsrp/PortletManagementService</portlet-management-url>
</endpoint-config>

We get the following error again when we click on Save&Refresh in the portal.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't initialize services for WSDL at 'http://localhost:10038/wps/wsdl/wsrp_service.wsdl' Cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't initialize services for WSDL at 'http://localhost:10038/wps/wsdl/wsrp_service.wsdl'

Kindly help us out at the earliest.

Best Regards
Vinu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4105996#4105996