[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: 4.2.2 wont deploy my persistency unit

justkeys do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 11:12:56 EST 2007

Yes something changed in the packaging interpretation.
In 4.2.1, we had to package the jars containing the ejbs (beans.jar) twice:

- q.ear/lib/utils.jar
- q.ear/META-INF/application.xml (module/ejb=app.jar)
- q.ear/beans.jar <- duplicate
- q.ear/app.jar/ejb3/beans.jar
- q.ear/app.jar/META-INF/persistence.xml (jar-file=../ejb3/beans.jar)

In 4.2.2 the packaging above results in deployment errors, so i changed the packaging into what i believe is the correct ejb3-packaging

- q.ear/lib/utils.jar
- q.ear/META-INF/application.xml (module/ejb=app.jar)
- q.ear/app.jar/ejb3/beans.jar
- q.ear/app.jar/META-INF/persistence.xml (jar-file=ejb3/beans.jar)

and then i got the jndi-factory-naming error.

So perhaps, the difference is that my persistence.xml is in a .jar inside an .ear (that also contains lib/.jars).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106443#4106443

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106443