[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Intercepting Seam components/Support for AspectJ

b.reeve do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 12:27:50 EST 2007

I am working on a Seam project with Facelets and Spring on Tomcat. Enviroment is Seam 2.0.0.CR2, Tomcat 6.0.10, Facelets 1.2, Spring 2.0.

Could anyone please tell me if there is a way to do intercepting on Seam components using AspectJ just as we do with Spring beans? Is there a way to create custom Seam interceptors and configure them for intercepting the Seam components. I dont have EJBs in my project.

Here is what I tried to do

  | public class LoggingInterceptor {
  | 	@Logger
  | 	private Log log;
  |
  | 	@AroundInvoke
  | 	public Object componentLog(InvocationContext invocation) throws Exception{
  | 		log.info("Logging for component " + invocation.getTarget().getClass().getCanonicalName());
  | 		Object returnType = invocation.proceed();
  | 		log.info("Logging for component " + invocation.getTarget().getClass().getCanonicalName());
  | 		return returnType;
  | 	}
  |
  | }
  |

  | @Interceptors(LoggingInterceptor.class)
  | public @interface Logging {}
  |

  | @Name("loginBean")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
  | @Logging
  | public class LoginBean {
  |
  | 	private String username;
  | 	private String password;
  |
  | 	public String login() {
  | 		return loginAction.login(username, password);
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public String getUsername() {
  | 		return username;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setUsername(String username) {
  | 		this.username = username;
  | 	}
  | 	public String getPassword() {
  | 		return password;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setPassword(String password) {
  | 		this.password = password;
  | 	}
  | }

I dont see the interceptor class being called. How do I make the method login() being intercepted? Where do I configure the interceptor class to be instantiated? Is there any sample code that I can refer to.

Thanks in Advance...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106492#4106492

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106492