[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Should MethodContextInterceptor use a non-event triggering c

kahliburke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 20 17:59:46 EST 2007

I've been doing some profiling of our application, and finding in some cases that a considerable amount of time per request (> 500 ms) is being taken up by event triggering and handling.

When I look at the main source of the events, they appear to come from the MethodContextInterceptor, which sets variables in the method context (an instance of BasicContext).  I can understand the desire for pre and post set/get events, but I'm wondering if they are necessary in this case.  The way it is now, each component method call results in 10 events being triggered.  When we have a component method that is called repeatedly, such as in a JSF control, this really adds up.

I looked through the Seam source code, and I didn't see anything that relies on preSetVariable/postSetVariable.

My proposal would be a non-event triggering context that does exactly what the BasicContext does, with the exception of the event firing.  This could be the superclass to BasicContext.

Any thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106564#4106564

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106564