[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Localizing Tab that has spaces in its name

syllant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 21 11:03:41 EST 2007

anonymous wrote : We made changes in that area for 2.6.3.
  | You can have display names in the -object.xml descriptor now, we are working on the GUI to let you do it there too.

Manage titles localization inside resource bundles seems to me more natural : this is the role of bundles ! -object.xml files should only be used as technical configuration files, shouldn't they ? This is quite unusual in J2EE : you don't manage portlet title localization or portlet preferences localization in portlet.xml for example !

I'm not bothered by restrictions with object names (like no space character) but by :

- not being able to localize names using their full path, using object hierarchy, .e.g. : PAGENAME_default.page1.subpage1=xxx
- having to define localization outside my webapp

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106803#4106803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106803