[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam 2 - Seamgen Project - Can't get simple Action to work

wgaulke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 21 15:59:48 EST 2007

Hi there,

I'm having big issues getting a simple action in a fresh seamgen created project to run.
The project consists only out of a few basic entities (user with some relations) and the registrationAction taken from the registration example.

The Project was created using seam gen and importet into eclipse. Server is JBoss 4.2.2 GA.

The application deploys without problems and JBoss does not have any problems starting up, creating tables and so on.

But as i want to submit the site and call the action seam crashes.

  | Exception during request processing:
  | Caused by javax.servlet.ServletException with message: "Could not instantiate Seam component: register"
  | [...]
  | Caused by org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException with message: "Could not instantiate Seam component: register"
  | [...]
  | Caused by javax.naming.NameNotFoundException with message: "test not bound"

The configuration is atm. untouched from seamgen. See:

  | <core:init debug="@debug@" jndi-pattern="@jndiPattern@"/>
  |
  | <core:manager concurrent-request-timeout="500" conversation-timeout="120000" conversation-id-parameter="cid"/>
  |
  | <persistence:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager"                                      auto-create="true"  entity-manager-factory="#{testEntityManagerFactory}"/>
  |
  |    <persistence:entity-manager-factory name="testEntityManagerFactory"
  |                       persistence-unit-name="test"/>
  |
  |    <drools:rule-base name="securityRules">
  |        <drools:rule-files><value>/security.drl</value></drools:rule-files>
  |    </drools:rule-base>
  |
  |    <security:identity authenticate-method="#{authenticator.authenticate}"
  |                            security-rules="#{securityRules}"
  |                               remember-me="true"/>
  |
  |    <event type="org.jboss.seam.notLoggedIn">
  |        <action execute="#{redirect.captureCurrentView}"/>
  |    </event>
  |    <event type="org.jboss.seam.postAuthenticate">
  |        <action execute="#{redirect.returnToCapturedView}"/>
  |    </event>
  |
  |    <mail:mail-session host="localhost" port="2525" username="test" password="test" />

I have absolutly no clue, what is the cause. Playing around with configuration and jndiPattern gave no results.

Do you have any hints for me? Thank you!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106890#4106890

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106890