[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Localizing Tab that has spaces in its name

syllant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 22 01:40:50 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | The issue is that resource bundles (as file) cannot be changed at runtime, so when you add a page you cannot change it.

? But this is the same for -object.xml descriptor, both provide default values ?!

anonymous wrote :
  | I was also thinking of resource bundles as default values that could be overridden with whatever is in database. Would that fit your use case ?
This is what I would expect :-)

Where would you put bundles ? Could we use hierarchical page keys (e.g. : default.page1.subpage1) ?

anonymous wrote :
  | portlet.xml is different... It's a deployment feature, not a way to populate data (opposite from -object.xml) so please there is no need for exclamation marks.

There was a hidden smile under the exclamation mark, that was not supposed to be rude :-) Even though I think both are descriptors which should not store localization. But this is just my humble opinion...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4106971#4106971

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4106971