[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - FacesMessages are enqueued and not shown

georges.goebel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 22 08:37:21 EST 2007

Hi,

When I have a inputText filed with the attribute required="true" an the user does not enter any data the validation is done but the facesmessage is not show on the page. I have tried with <h:messages/>, <h:message .../>, <s:messages/>, ... but I only see the correct message in the log of JBoss

I have also tries s:decorate, s:validate, ... but I had no luck

The cart bean is a stateful bean

  | @Stateful(name = "Cart")
  | @Remote(Cart.class)
  | @Local(Cart.class)
  | @Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | @Name("cart")
  | //@Interceptors(SeamInterceptor.class)
  | public class CartImpl implements Cart{
  | }

I also tried with session scope but no luck either

Is that a bug in Seam or how do I have to configure Seam to show these messages ?

  | [lifecycle] WARNING: FacesMessage(s) have been enqueued, but may not have been displayed.

My code is :

  | <h:form id="addCartF" enctype="multipart/form-data">
  | <h:inputText id="i_characteristique" value="#{cart.caracteristique}" required="true"/>
  | <h:commandButton value="Add to cart" action="#{cart.addToCart}" styleClass="button"/>
  |  <h:messages/>
  | </h:form>

My pages.xml is :

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107113#4107113