[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - html element id appearing on validation message

gsegura do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 22 20:19:41 EST 2007

Perhaps this is simple but I can not find how to stop the html element id from appearing in the validation message each time the validation ocurrs, that is, I have a template like this (taken from some seam example):

  |         <s:label styleClass="name #{invalid?'errors':''}">
  |             <ui:insert name="label" />
  |             <s:span styleClass="required" rendered="#{required}">*</s:span>
  |         </s:label>
  |             <s:validateAll>
  |                 <ui:insert />
  |             </s:validateAll>
  |         <s:message styleClass="error errors"/>

which I use as:

  | <s:decorate id="decorateAddress" template="/layout/edit.xhtml">
  |      <ui:define name="label">Address:</ui:define>
  |      <h:inputText id="address" value="#{register.info.address}" required="true" >
  |           <a4j:support event="onblur" reRender="decorateAddress"/>
  |      </h:inputText>
  | </s:decorate>

when the validation message appears next to the control it always includes the html element id, something like this:

  | registerForm:decorateAddress:address: Validation error: required value

But I would like NOT to show the "registerForm:decorateAddress:address" part in the validation message, how to do so?
thanks in advance for any help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107217#4107217

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107217