[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: LDAP / JNDI Class Cast Exception

roth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 23 05:06:48 EST 2007

Hi

I allow myself to hijack this thread, since a solution to the original issue has been found.

Swisst, did you manage to get ldap/ad running with an admin group coming from your ldap (as opposed to the standard admin 'admin', role 'admin')?

I had to find out that what I proposed here (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=GiveAdminPrivileges) isn't quite working. When defining a page layout, the list of available portlet instances is always empty. Using the wizard works, but that's not a usable workaround for me, since the wizard creates a new instance every time.

I tried to debug this, as I already found two problems with a hardcoded use of 'admin' so far, but couldn't find the cause this time. I got as far as stepping through the code with a debugger, but I have to admit that I don't understand all the stuff that is happening when displaying the 'page layout' page.

Thanks,
Tobias

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107273#4107273

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107273