[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Need help with debugging

roth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 23 09:18:39 EST 2007

Hey Boleslaw,

While I was trying to come up with the shortest possible list of steps to reproduce this, I found out that this has nothing at all to do with ldap. Here is what to do to see the effect:

1) build JBoss_Portal_Branch_2_6, deploy the portal, identity and admin
2) log in as admin
3) create a new role called newadminrole
4) create a new user called newadmin, add him _only_ to the newadminrole (no other roles)
5) give access to the admin portal to newadmin
6) give acess to the adminportlet instance to newadmin
7) log out, log in as newadmin
8) go to the 'page layout' page of the default page
9) verify that no portlet instances are listed

Some notes:
 - if you log in as admin, the portlet instances are listed
 - if you install cms or google widgets, lists of files appear for those

Now, before I create a jira issue. Is this a bug, or did I simply forget to set some permissions?

Thanks a lot,
Tobias

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107355#4107355

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107355